|What||Action to be taken||When||Comments/update|
|Improve verge maintenance (litter removal).
|Parish Clerk to write to Broadland District Council to request more frequent sweeping.||Done||Presence of litter is monitored by the clerk and a clean up squad will respond if requested. There is an existing contract with Broadland District Council that results in routine cleaning every 4 months.
There is a also a fortnightly litter-pick on Holt Road and the main estate link path.
There was a very successful “Tidy Horsford Day” manned by volunteers and this will be repeated.
Leaf Squad is also available.
|More litter bins.
|Parish Council to consider placing bins by bus stops.
Also to consider putting one by seat by church rooms.
|Done||Additional bins sited by three principal bus stops. Request for Church Room turned down by Broadland who are responsible for the bin contract.|
|Review recycling services including investigating the possibility of local composting schemes.
|Parish Clerk to write to Broadland District Council to request update on facilities and developments and possibly to address future council meeting as to how village can improve environmental credentials.||Done||Broadland keen to locate additional recycling sites in village. PC have asked them to contact Village Hall Committee with regard to increasing facilities|
|The glass recycling bins need to be emptied more regularly and location should be reviewed.
|Parish Council||Continually reviewed||Main bins monitored by Village Hall Management committee. Sandy Lane bin monitored by Clerk / Bowls Club.
Broadland District Council have offered additional bins to reduce pressure on existing sites and encourage more recycling but lack of locations a problem.
|Green policies should be researched further.
|Parish Clerk to write to Broadland District Council to request update on facilities and developments and possibly to address future council meeting as to how village can improve environmental credentials.||Done||Await reaction from Broadland
An example of this is that the 1st School is doing a transport survey and will be considering innovative/alternative ways to transport children to school.
|Consideration to schemes such as “Flower Planting by local Business Competition” and daffodil bulb planting in verge schemes.||To approach shops to offer competition for best floral display. To be judged by allotment judging team.||Agenda item for Council
|Specific tree planting and preservation to be encouraged.
|To be championed by parish tree warden.
Clerk to write to Broadland District Council to request update on recent initiatives.
|As opportunity arises||Trees are available via Broadland DC and planting in suitable locations may include private property.|
|Positioning of footpath maps on the website to encourage walks.
|Parish Clerk to upload footpath maps to website.||Done||Available on website|
|Ensuring public footpath signs are in place at right locations||Parish councillors to monitor. Clerk to action signs to Dog Lane.||Ongoing||Footpath that leads from Dog Lane to Drayton and Taverham has no signs at far ends. Clerk has contacted NCC Rights of way dept.|
|Consideration to be given to the purchase of additional amenity land in the village as and when it becomes available.||To be considered by council as and when.||As opportunity allows|
|To convene a task group to generate ideas and plans in support of the above.||To run article in Horsford News to seek to initiate “residents association” to engage whole village||Done||Included in editorial for August 2007|
|The village is unsupportive of any new housing, this finding should be passed to the Broadland District Council||Parish Council to reflect the results of the survey opportunistically as plans are received.||Opportunistically|
|A significant proportion of respondents felt that there was insufficient affordable or sheltered housing and this should be mapped so parishioners are clear on the range and location of these services.||Clerk to write to ask for plan re affordable and sheltered housing and to map existing and future locations of such housing.||September 2007||Broadland Policies already include a proportion of “affordable” housing in all sigtnificant developments.
Clerk has asked for any details of proposed sheltered accommodation or similar.
|There is a concern that rapid expansion of the village has lead to village resources being over-stretched.||Parish Council to reflect the results of the survey opportunistically as plans are received to resist further development without further investment in infrastructure.||Opportunistically|
|The increase in housing has contributed to more traffic in and around the village and ways to minimise the impact of this should be explored with the various agencies.||See traffic and transport section of this plan|
Leisure and Recreation
|Consider providing space to encourage activities other than football such as tennis, table tennis and basketball.||To be reviewed by Village Hall Management Committee and updates requested by Parish Council||Regular reporting requested||Village Hall Management Committee have installed additional play equipment and are considering future plans|
|Consider restarting the youth club.||Youth workers leading ongoing review||Ongoing||Youth club started in July 2007|
|Consider providing a sheltered area to sit and more picnic areas.||Agreed in principle to fund 50% of costs at February 07 Parish Council meeting. Village Hall Management Committee identifying type and costs etc||Done||Youth shelter installed on recreation ground|
|Consideration to be given to setting up a permanent luncheon club.||Parish Plan group supportive and suggest Parish Council reviews accommodation availability and supports training to facilitate as appropriate.||As and when||There is currently a non-profit making coffee morning held every third Wednesday of the month which is successful and has been experimenting with a mini luncheon club on the 1st Monday of the month. Further expansion restricted by lack of available premises and food hygiene/safety considerations etc.|
|A separate meeting to be convened to allow the young people to voice their opinion on the results and prepare appropriate action plans.||Further meetings with young people with Village Hall Management Committee.||January 2007 and on-going||Youth workers facilitated first meeting in January 07 with young people at middle school and this resulted in installation of youth shelter and start-up of a youth club|
|Share results with local GP surgeries and ask for explanation of “Out of Hours” service provision.||Clerk to write to summarise key findings of survey and request update re out of hours and waiting times etc.||Done||GP’s asked for their comments|
|A significant proportion of parishioners wanted to see an improved police service in the village. To review with Norfolk Constabulary, including the increased use of community police officers.||Clerk to write to summarise key findings of survey and request update re availability of community police officers etc.||Done||Safe neighbourhood policing team now in place with specific officers and CSO’s dedicated to Horsford.
Jonathan Cook is parish Council delegate to Safer Neighbourhood Action Panel (SNAP) Jonathan Collen is deputy
|Few properties were involved in “neighbourhood watch” schemes. To coordinate a programme of awareness raising of this system to encourage higher uptake.||Clerk to write to Christine Robson and or colleague to give overview of features of neighbourhood watch to Parish Council meeting.||Aim to put on agenda by September 2007|
Traffic and Transport
|Investigate the possibility of pedestrian controlled crossings.||Parish Clerk to write to highways to request review of pedestrian crossing facilities.||Done||Does not meet criteria for a main feeder road|
|Investigate the deployment of speed cameras or speed sensitive signs.||Parish Clerk to write to highways to request review of road safety arrangements and request attendance at one of our meetings/special meeting.||Ongoing||Speed checks in july’07 resulted in 9 cautions and 5 prosecutions. Police expressed concern at flouting of speed limits and have contacted NCC for further action|
|Liaise with Highways to consider use of painted sections of road to slow traffic down.||Parish Clerk to write to highways – as above||August 2007|
|Review current speed limits and signs with local authority.||Parish Clerk to write to highways – as above||August 2007|
|Press for the introduction of weight limits on link roads to the village.||Parish Clerk to write to highways – as above||August 2007|
|Continue to pursue the need for footpaths/cycle lanes to connect Horsford to Norwich.||Parish Clerk to write to authorities and to consider approach to landowners re provision of land to facilitate following Spixworth to Catton model.||August 2007|
|Continue to liaise with bus service operators re timing and reliability of services.||John Starling to provide Horsford News item to encourage uptake of this service. Jack Smith to prepare posters for notice boards.||April 2007||As of 18/2/07 Sunday and Evening service reintroduced. Needs further advertising and timetables at bus stops out of date.|
|Consider ways of involving younger people on Parish Council.
|Clerk to prepare item for Horsford News to encourage younger people to stand for election.
Also suggested youth council could lobby council.
|Jan/Feb Horsford News||Article published.
Despite no young people coming forward at the election three members under 30 have subsequently been co-opted
|Newsletter item re follow up contact with councillors as data analyst removed contact details for data protection purposes.||Clerk to prepare item for Horsford News.||Jan/Feb Horsford News||Article published.
|Clerk to action specific comments about administration of meetings (name plates and agendas).||Parish Clerk to action||Done|
|To ensure resources for this plan are in place and are appropriately managed.||Parish council and finance committee to identify ongoing resources in support of the above||Ongoing|